- Before starting to use WeVideo, go to Google Drive, click Create, then Connect More Apps. Search for WeVideo and add it.
- You can now start a new video project by going to Google Drive, Create, and choosing WeVideo. As you work on WeVideo projects, the project files will be conveniently saved in Google Drive (see the last pic below).
- When you are ready to share your final product…
- Click Publish and give it a title.
- Click the Google Drive icon. Also, change visibility to private. Publish.
- You will now see the finalized video in your Drive. The format will be mp4. Note that this is different from the project file. Share the video as you would any Google Doc. You will get a URL that you can e-mail, post to Moodle, etc.
Note that you get up to 15 minutes of download time per month. This is usually plenty, but it’s best not to publish until you’re confident that the video is in final form. Note that the other “My PSA” file above (the one that doesn’t say mp4) is the WeVideo project file (that can still be edited).