Monday, March 31, 2014

Google Plus for Professional Development

Teachers,
Curious about Google Plus? Last week, I was sending out some resources and realized that they all came from Google Plus (one from a mathematics community I belong to, another from a Vermont educator I follow, etc.).  So I decided to do a screencast.

 I find Google + to be an excellent tool for professional development.  Why is this?

  1. Many educators use Google Plus for professional purposes, because they already have Facebook for personal stuff like vacation pics and videos of kittens.
  2. Unlike Facebook, Google Plus allows you to easily choose who sees what.  You can also join communities that are dedicated to specific topics (such as pedagogy or your content area).

I made the screencast to give you a short tour and show you what it's all about.  I'd also be happy to show you one-on-one.

Note that you will need to logged into CVU GMail or Moodle to view this.

No comments:

Post a Comment