Sunday, November 22, 2015

Changes in Google Forms

If you go to make a Google Form now, you'll notice that you're prompted to try the new Google Forms.  It's quite a different look.  I just made my first form with the new version.  Overall, I like the new interface.  It's a cleaner look; rather than presenting all options at all times, it keeps things hidden until you need them.  The only thing I see to be missing at this point are Add-ons, but in my experience, those are not widely used at CVU.  I expect that they will be re-created for this new version of Forms and will start to re-appear.  Themes are also handled differently.

I was going to make a video explaining the new features, but I found this excellent one already done (from Guildway.com).

One thing mentioned in the video is that data validation (checking to see that an answer is a number, for example) is not available in the new Forms.  This has been added back in since.

I'd love to hear what people think of the new Forms.  I'd be happy to help teachers and students get started with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment